Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pictures And Sound


As most of my good friends know, music is one thing that I am pretty passionate about. I don't usually care much what the genre is, but if it is good, I'll listen to it... and if it is really amazing, I love to share with anyone who will appreciate great music.

When I met my good friend Luke Reynolds over a year ago, he and I quickly realized that we shared a common interest in great music, 16mm surf films and sushi. We also happen to the same birthday and both grew up in the woods--he in Vermont and myself in Michigan.

Luke founded the band Blue Merle several years ago, and after the group went their separate ways, he moved into a tent in Vermont and began writing new material. Three years later, he is releasing an album on Vanguard Records with his band Pictures And Sound. Jacquire King (Modest Mouse, Tom Waits, Kings Of Leon) produced the album. I guarantee most of the tracks will eventually be on many of my favorite mix CDs.

The new record is available for pre-order now here, and will be available on iTunes and elsewhere on August 19th.

Check out his website
to listen to a few tracks, you won't be disappointed.



Here is a couple of short films about the Luke's writing and recording the new album:







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loving what u are doing...ill log into algaita whenever i getr the chance....yai.. lets try to do something for the planet...theres a mountain film festivaldown here in mexico next month and lets see i think it will be cool....
take care..